- PayPal retreats from ban on ‘obscene’ e-books.
– Google begins scaling back its scanning of books from university libraries. No reason given.
– Poetry is a lifelong passion of mine and it is always wonderful to see poetry books for children arrive. Here are five recent entries for kids 3-8.
– Making e-books even more kid-friendly: the Storia reading app from Scholastic.
– Right pricing e-books: Is the government actually discouraging competition?
– Legal help for British Columbians is now a Wiki at Clicklaw Wiki.
– Looking at the flip side of copyright: How To Kill Patent Trolls.
– For the price of a high end iPad I am beginning to wonder why not go for light but with more power ie ultra books. Here are the top five.
– New iPad aka the iPad with no name: boom or bust?
– Learning digital technology: just jump in and fiddle. The value of dedicated playing.
– Here is a quick lesson …..and there will be a test: What was the dominant internet social program in the mid 1990s? RIP AIM Is (Unofficially) Dead.
– This Is Your Life: Timeline, Facebook’s latest bid to keep you in its grasp, is unsettling — and unexpectedly beautiful.
– And here is the funny bit this week: Grandpa’s iPad (I’m a Grandpappy so don’t call me age-ist).