– Top Libraries in U.S. and Canada Issue Statement Demanding Better Ebook Services.
– Barnes and Noble speaks out about the US Department of Justice (DOJ) eBook price fixing law suit against major publishers.
-University of Alberta’s Christine Brown organizes some cool summer support for LAC-BAC.
– The continuing drive for more accountability in academe presents “a unique opportunity” for libraries.
– Author’s Guild vs. Google Books is now a class action lawsuit.
– Stephen Colbert’s children’s book tops the bestseller list.
– Do you have a favourite book in hardcover signed in person by the author? You might want to hang onto it. Hermetically seal it. As author signings are now going digital.
– Teen books and obscenity. New study suggests teen books are full of swearing and obscenity, usually by attractive characters.
– Real Time iPad collaboration across the planet? There’s an app for that.
– Are book covers dead? Maybe, maybe not.
– And finally a fitting tribute to Ray Bradbury, a terrific author who fed our imagination with visions of the future.