– Closing the doors on Canada’s history.
– Alan Twigg, Library Board trustee in Vancouver, has organized ten Canadian voices against, what he calls ,“e-hype”.
– Libraries to try buying e-books directly.
– Brain Hive Offers On-Demand K-12 E-book Library Lending.
– Authors’ class action against Google book scanning has been appealed by Google delaying further proceedings until the appeal is settled.
– Google Books judge lets librarians, EFF weigh in on Authors Guild case.
– New stats show iPad is surging ahead of eReaders such as Kindle Fire, Samsung, Asus and other readers.
– You can have your coffee and read a book too at the Toronto Reference Library.
– You loyal curator has been following this story for some time. It seems a county in Georgia proposed advertising in the public library. Update: hands down rejection by board members.