– What that Random House and Penguin Books may mean for digital reading.
– Pew study finds 60 percent of Americans under 30 used the library in the past year.
– From the desk of Christina Neigel, Reflections of a Thomas Frey Presentation: The Future of Libraries and Cities.
– EBSCO Publishing announces new e-book and audiobook collections providing sports and politics resources.
– Bowker: Number of self-published books up 287% since 2006.
– Review: iBooks 3′s new scrolling view, collections, sharing.
– Overdrive Media Console Now Available for Windows 8.
– Bibliotheca launches online customer discussion board.
– Wattpad tries serial fiction, with help from Margaret Atwood.
– Apple releases iBooks 3, expands to more countries.
– And finally here in stunning digital glory is the University of Washington’s Historical Childrens’ Literature database.