– Canadian history, heritage are at risk from cuts to Libraries and Archives Canada, say academics.
– Apple bans Danish eBook from it’s iBookstore because of nudity.
– News Corp, which owns book publisher HarperCollins, is reportedly in “preliminary” talks to buy CBS’s Simon & Schuster.
– Penguin expands library ebook lending with Baker & Taylor.
– 20 Google Search Shortcuts to Hone Your Google-Fu.
– Tolkien estate sues Warner Brothers over Lord of the Rings digital rights.
– If data is the new oil, don’t end up being BP.
– Amazon’s Jeff Bezos as ‘Businessperson of the Year’: Can the book world learn from him?
– ‘Put me in the story, mom!’ Now you really can.