– Appeals court calls for “fair use” ruling in Google Books case.
– Publisher’s Bankruptcy Filing Comes as Market for Print Textbooks Shrinks.
– Protesters stand silently and read books in central Istanbul, in stark contrast with scenes of violence.
– Big Ideas and a ‘Microrant’ for University Presses.
– Major global publishers to add new content to WorldCat.
– NISO launches new project to develop recommended practices for exchanging serial content.
– NoveList and 3M expand Readers’ Advisory to include the check-out experience.
– Court Blocks Authors’ Class Certification in Google Book-Scanning Case.
– Amazon’s fan fiction program Kindle Worlds opens for business.
– Welcome to the world’s largest book publisher: Penguin House er… rather Penguin-Random House merger complete.