– Fire destroys remote Bella Bella Community Library; 4000 books lost.
– Goodreads hit with copyright suit over fan photo.
– Second Suit Filed to Halt NYPL Central Renovation.
– PayPal apologizes for blocking sales of photo book with “Iranian” in the title.
– Students Prefer Print but Not Books for Serious Academic Reading.
– What Academic Libraries Can Learn From Howard County Public.
– Months after settlement, retailers start cutting Penguin ebook prices.
– iPad publisher Inkling nabs $16M and partners with Pearson and Elsevier.
– Byliner’s new iPad app aims to find your next long read.
– More Vendors Help Libraries Stream Video.
– MOBIUS Libraries increase number of E-books available for patrons with EBSCO eBook subscriptions.
– The real villain in the ebooks case isn’t Apple or Amazon — it’s publishers’ addiction to DRM.
– Business and Finance E-books from Euromoney Now Available via EBSCO eBooks.
– Get a load of this: Disney Unveils New Augmented Reality Book Technology.
Phil will be taking a break from his weekly column. I hope it’s only temporary! Thanks to Phil for sharing so many interesting stories in the last two years.
– Heather (LTAS Blog Coordinator)